On September 2, 2019, published lists of controllers carrying out the expenditure verification performed within the projects funded by Joint Operational Programme Black Sea Basin 2014-2020, including a list of audit companies such as Deloitte, KPMG,
BDO Georgia, etc. is also:
The Black Sea Basin Program 2014-2020 is part of the European Union’s Cross-Border Cooperation (CBC) under its European Neighborhood Instrument (ENI). As a result of the completed analytical and advisory process, the SBS program focuses on a set of goals and priorities that reflect the specific circumstances and requirements of the countries involved.
To carry out verifications for each payment request, article 32 of the ENI-CBC Implementing Rules stipulates that “Expenditure declared by the beneficiary in support of a payment request shall be examined by an auditor or by a competent public officer being independent from the beneficiary. The auditor or the competent public officer shall examine whether the costs declared by the beneficiary and the revenue of the project are real, accurately recorded and eligible following the contract.”
The goals and priorities of this program include:
Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Jointly promote the development of business and entrepreneurship in the field of tourism and culture.
- Increase cross-border trade opportunities and modernize the agriculture and related sectors.
Environmental protection and reduction of marine pollution
- Joint improvement of environmental protection.
- To promote common awareness and take joint action to reduce the pollution of rivers and seas.
The program includes the following countries: Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan.
Potential beneficiaries are:
- Government at the regional and sub-national administrative level
- Civil society organizations based within the authority of the program
- Chamber of Commerce
- Academic and educational community
The final destination of this program is:
- Improving the welfare of the population in BSB regions through sustainable development and joint environmental protection.
- Promoting Business and Entrepreneurship in BSB Regions.
- Promote environmental coordination and joint reduction of marine pollution in BSB regions.